No matter what shape or size your closet is, there are always some useful tricks and ideas to spruce up the storage space. A good place to start to get closet organization ideas are books and magazines. Colset ideas are not simply about design but that is generally where it starts. Now is the time to stop putting things in boxes in the closet and use some of these creative closet ideas that will help you keep the junk under control.
No matter how much closet space you have, chances are you could probably always use some more. How many closets are in your home that are simply storage areas for things that just don't have their own space? There are plenty of closet organization systems that will help you to make that space the most functional it can be. The main thing in space planning is to stayuncluttered, so if you don’t need it, toss it or find a new place for it.
You can save lots of money by installing a closet organizer yourself. Make certain you take into account the cost of these types of organizers as the temporary ones can often be found for pretty good prices. The more permanent organizers can end up costing quite a bit, so make sure you are prepared to make that type of investment. Most stores that sell products for the home offer a large selection of closet solutions, including closet organizers, shelving, racks and creative hangers.
Closet ideas are not simply about design but that is generally where it starts. Whether you are looking at your local closet company, pictures of closets, do-it-yourself magazines, or just trying to get some tips on how to organize your closet, the more research you do will open up many options.
1) Do you have lots of clothes that have never been worn? If so, you can try to return them to the store where you bought them and they will usually give you store credit. If you don't want the credit, you can turn around and sell that credit on Ebay. That's right...there is a high demand on Ebay for store credit receipts and they usually fetch upwards of 80% of face value.
2) Many people have great success as well on Ebay selling their used clothes. Children's clothes sell well as do sweaters, shirts, and blouses. If you don't want to hassle with having a garage sale, Ebay can be a great place to sell some of your nicer items and get some nice cash for them too.
3) Neat hangar trick - At the beginning of the year put all your hangars in backwards on the rod in your closets. When you wear an item, switch the hangar around. At the end of the year or season, you will easily be able to tell which clothes you haven't worn and may want to get rid of!
4) Need more space to store things? Did you know that you can put the clothes you won't need for awhile in large sturdy plastic bags and suck the air out of them? This also works wonders when packing for travelling and is one of the neat suitcase packing tips. Give this a try and you will be amazed. Put all the clothes you don't need in a plastic bag and use your vacuum cleaner to suck all the air out. It will shrink the size of your clothes significantly freeing up lots of room.
5) If you want to plan a new closet design, figure out first what you plan to put in the closet. Only by knowing what types of clothes you want to put in the closet will you know what types of shelves, poles, and drawers you will nee. There are many closet ideas out there and you need to be organized and create an inventory list first.
Before you get going with your closet organizing, take out at least half of the things in your closet that you don't think you will wear. At least take out all your least favorite items and put them in a box and then put the box away some where. Wait a month and see if you have missed any of those clothes items that you put away.
Whatever you didn't miss, take to a homeless shelter or someplace like the Goodwill. This will force you to get rid of all your least favorite clothes and the clothes you never wear while doing something good for someone else. Once you have done a little bit of this and your closet starts to look a little less like a junk heap, you can go forth with all your great closet ideas that will make your closet doors a pleasure to open!